Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Year's Epiphany

So while you guys started your New Year with a bang, I started mine with a respiratory tract infection. I never been so sick before that I thought I have german measles. I was off work for a couple of days and I hated it. Now don't get me wrong. I'm no workaholic, I just don't wanna stay home for a long time. 

But I think being sick for a couple of days gave me an opportunity to ponder on life, realizing that I've been so focused on earning money without having any goals. Yeah, I have very exciting highlights last year, like the spontaneous Baguio adventure for my birthday, the clothing line's first anniversary gig, seeing Tegan and Sara in the flesh... but these were the ONLY highlights I have last year. Maybe even my entire life.

And it got me thinking: what am I doing with my life? Do I watch too much Youtube? Am I an in-denial workaholic? Or am I just an epitome of a boring person who has this boring life?

Have you ever tried 'stalking' your friends on Facebook to see what's been happening in their life, and then asking yourself on how they manage to balance their professional and personal life?

I did. (Don't judge me)

I also promised myself to be more active on blogging than before and it's currently failing. Probably because I don't go out that often. And I want to end this shenanigans.

So I made a list of all the things I want to do not only this year, but on how possible I can make it happen. Consider this as a mandatory bucket list:

1. Be healthy. And no, it's not an excuse for a fat person like me to have this on the list, I prefer being huggable and healthy than thin and sick. And I think people should have this as a New Year's resolution instead of losing weight, coz losing weight is sooo everrated. But deducting a couple of pounds in my weight while doing it won't hurt :)

2. Travel the Philippines. I made a pledge that if ever I started travelling, I'll roam the entire Philippines first before the world. I'll go back to Baguio, Bicol, Cebu, then discover Sagada, Samar, Bohol, Palawan... the list goes on. But the place that really caught my attention is Batanes. And I will make that Batanes trip happen, alone or with the gang.

3. Travel around the world following my favorite band. I don't need to reiterate who's my favorite duo of all time, especially right now that they're permanently inked on my skin. With enough resources and money, I know I can also make this happen. I just wish my scared-shitless-because-I'm-afraid-I'll-be-lost-self will go away.

4. Start a blog series. I always wanted to have this "blog-serye" to practice my writing skills. I don't know what concept yet but I hope it will come in my dreams. Where's lucid dreaming when you need it?

5. Start reading... again.

6. More tattoos, more fun. As the Pringles commercial once said, "Once you pop, you can't stop!", or that Kardashian thingy, "Once you go black, you'll never go back." I recently got inked with my tattoos #2 and #3 and it was phenomenal. I missed the feeling of needles rubbing my skin as well as the sound of the machine. I plan on getting tattoos as an annual thing, specifically every July which is my birth month.

7. Buy a new guitar and start doing renditions, or recording my first compo :)

8. Continue my hobby as a photographer.

9. Continue blogging, based on un/fortunate events or whatever the shit I want to blog.


I guess that's about it for now. List may change if there's another epiphany and events will happen in no particular order.


No comments:

Post a Comment